Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Green Thumb, I am not.

There is nothing like a little bit of sunshine to make me want to get my green thumb dirty. It doesn't happen often. In fact, it's probably an annual event. To be honest, I don't particularly like gardening. Garden lover, I am not.

My mum on the other hand is a garden lover. She would happily spend hours out there potting plants, pulling weeds and turning the soil.

My Nanna is the same. I guess I missed the garden loving gene. I think they both feel a bit sorry for me. They shouldn't. They should be feeling sorry for all the plants I have killed in the past...

Blah. Its just not my thing.

But today, it was sunny and my green thumb was twitching. And I thought, lets do it. So, the three of us headed off to Bunnings in the family wagon. 

Fark. Mum, anyone? 


Let me be honest here and say Bunnings and I do not have a good track record. I always eat a sausage and drink a coke and then proceed to work around aimlessly. Like a lost little soul. And 9 times out of 10 visits, I leave the place empty handed. 

Everyone else seems to be able to fill their trolley, just not me. 

But not today. Today, I wanted plants! Pretty plants. And pretty plants, we found. And mars bar cake and coffee too. Bunnings has a cafe now. And it's bloody amazing. That mars bar cake is heaven on a paper plate. I dare you to eat the whole thing next time you are there. 

After our cake we grabbed a basket and Noah and I had much delight in choosing our plants. He wanted strawberries.  


I wanted flowers only for girls, according to Noah. Here are my flowers:


Jude found a garden gnome. We named him Poppy after the best Pop going around because with his beard and glasses he kind of looks like him. 


We paid our dollars and then we came home and potted our plants. All round, we had a successful bunnings adventure and until next year I think my green thumb is satisfied. 

Wish me luck for the plants. 

Love Jo

xxx

Do you have a green thumb?